Donations always welcome
With the current situation we are unable to fund raise in our normal way.
All the rescue centres in Norfolk are continuing to care for and take in our poor prickly friends who need help – so we are continuing to support them in their valuable work.
We do have some dwindling funds, so will continue to help with food, meds and any other needs to all the rescues in need (most have ceased fund raising too) to help them through this period.
Any donations would be very gratefully received .
If you spot something you’d like on our sales page, please message us and we can reserve for you – we are still continuing to add new crafted items (we are keeping busy) .
Our mission is to make a positive difference in helping to stop the decline of hedgehogs in Norfolk.
- To raise awareness of the plight of hedgehogs and the dangers they face so as to reduce their suffering
- To increase the number of ‘hedgehog friendly’ gardens in Norfolk.
- To raise funds through donations, sales, events and social media.
- To distribute funds to support rescue centres and individuals who rescue and provide care for hedgehogs in Norfolk.
Hodmedods Hedgehog Support was set up in 2016, with the first big event being held Fairhaven Woodland and Water Gardens in October 2016.
What do we do and how do we do it!!
School talks/Adult group talks – Powerpoint presentation with small videos. Talks are free, but we do ask for donations of dog/cat/hedgehog food which we distribute to rescue centres to help feed the hoggies in care.
Hedgehog Awareness Events – Information given, displays boards, quizzes, children’s activities, gift sales, hedgehog food sales etc.
Mini shop/stalls – Sales of hedgehog gifts, clothing and misc items (bought or donated)
Tombola – we love our fun, prize every time Tombolas.
Charlie’s Helpline for Hedgehogs – A one stop Helpline – need help with a hedgehog in Norfolk, phone our helpline for advice and rescue.
Open 8am – 8pm.
Face Masks – limited numbers £5
Adults, small adults and kids – with filter pockets.
Please contact us for availability or see our Facebook page.
Herbert Hedgehog in Hogspital by R Butler
In 2017 Rachael wrote and illustrated this amazing book, based on the information given in our school talks.
We all fell in love with Herbert and with her permission Herbert became our mascot. Rachael has continued to support us, with her book and illustrations. We now have a whole range of Herbert merchandise to purchase.
Books are available from us, or from Amazon – with a donation for us for every book sold.
Lisa Angel Necklace
Lisa Angel Jewellery are making this lovely hedgehog necklace, with £1.50 from every sale being donated to us.
Our first donation of an amazing £200 was received in December 2019, which has gone towards some of the 16 Hampers we are giving to the little rescues around Norfolk, to help with all the little hoggies they have in care for the winter.
Rescues and Carers
We aim to help any rescue or carer in Norfolk, who asks for help to continue their work, in helping our hedgehogs.
This could be help with food or medication for hoggies, equipment or even building Hogspitals. We also offer a free loan on equipment.
Some of the rescues who have benefitted to far………
- Hallswood Animal Sanctuary – Hogspital, equipment and food
- Hedgehog Haven, North Norfolk – costs towards Hogspital and equipment. Equipment loan.
- Wild Touch – food and equipment.
- Suzanne’s Hedgehog Rescue – food and equipment. Equipment loan.
- Mels Hedgehog Rescue – food and equipment.
- Foxy Lodge – food
- Tracy, Long Stratton – food and equipment
- Richard, Aylsham – hutches and equipment
How can you help – help always wanted.
One way you could help us is to become an event volunteer. We are always pleased to have help at any of our events. If you’d like to volunteer to help please contact us.
Duties on the day will be varied and depending on which Event you choose may include any or all of the following:
1) helping to unload merchandise/equipment from vehicles and carrying into the venue
2) taking money for retail sales
3) handing out information leaflets about hedgehogs and promoting our future Events
4) helping with children’s craft activities at the event
5) doing our educational quizzes with children
6) chatting to people about ideas to make their gardens more hedgehog friendly
7) helping to repack at the end of the Event and return merchandise/equipment to the vehicles.
8)outdoor events may require you to lend a hand with erecting the gazebo but it’s an easy and straightforward one!
9) staffing the tombola stall – this is fun, with a prize every time.
Are you a stay at home person, could you take our helpline telephone for a day/week or so. Training will be given – answer the calls, take details, then using our database/list find a rescue who can take the casualty! Arrange with finders or our team of First Responders to get them safely to the rescue.